Hello friends, as you all are aware that pandemic situation in India is worsening day by day. It’s spreading like a wildfire. Yet people aren’t taking as serious note of it as they should have been. It’s true that general lockdown brings a lot of economic hardship to the common people. Still, we as individuals must adhere to the safety rules of compulsory wearing mask when going outside, hand washing and social distancing. Unfortunately, some people are not heeding the caution and going out without mask.
In the case of being declared positive, there shouldn’t be any cause to panic because it only dampens our fighting spirit. As being fresh out of the infection I would like to share some suggestions with you that I have gained, if somebody wants to stay in home quarantine.
1. Immediately start following the Covid protocol issued by various state governments.
2. Take steam inhalation in the morning and at night, 4 – 5 time hot water gargling mixed with hexidine.
3. Some free hand exercises like stretching the hands up ten times, then sideways ten times it will augment the lung function.
4. Eat a lot of fruits like apples, oranges, sweet lemon, guavas , watermelons etc
5. Drink a glass of lukewarm water with half a lemon mixed to it, twice over.
6. Get adequate sleep.
7. Take meals on time.
8. Take healthy snacks in-between meals.
9. In case of breathing trouble keep portable oxygen supply at hand and lie down flat with chest down and back up(prone position), the posture said to increase oxygen supply. Measure the oxygen concentration through oxymeter in regular intervals. If it’s falling below 93_ 94% hospital admission should be considered.
10. A CT scan of chest should be done to assess the condition of the lungs and proceed the treatment accordingly.
11. Maintain an online communication with a physician.
12. Don’t get scared by the recurring fever it will subside after taking prescribed medicines as per protocol.
13. Use the isolation time constructively by writing journals or anything one wants .
14. Listening to soothing music will calm the nerves.
15. Avoid people who enhance your worry quotient instead of reducing it. Talk and interact with those who help to boost the moral.
16. Run all the blood test as prescribed in proper time and get it assesed by your physician.
Friends, I pray to God to keep each and every living being safe and healthy. The victory over the infection would be the true win of the mankind.
Adieu for now.